When you are troubleshooting a problem on a Viptela device or in the overlay network, you can collect the status information from a Viptela device. The Viptela software places this information in a single tar file, which contains the output of various commands and the content of various files on the local device. Generally, you send this file to Viptela customer support so that they can aid in debugging the problem.
To collect status data for a device:
- In vManage NMS, select the Tools ► Operational Commands screen.
- In the right pane, click the device.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row.
- From the drop-down list of commands, select Admin Tech. The Generate admin-tech File popup window opens.
- If desired, limit the contents of the Admin Tech tar file:
- The Include Logs checkbox is selected by default. Deselect this checkbox to omit any log files from the compressed tar file. Log files are stored in the /var/log/directory on the local device.
- Select the Include Cores checkbox to include any core files. Core files are stored in the /var/crash directory on the local device.
- Select the Include Tech checkbox to include any files related to device processes (daemons) and operations. These files are stored in the /var/tech directory on the local device.
- Click Generate. A tar file is created which contains the contents of various files on the local device. This file has a name similar to 20150709-032523-admin-tech.tar.gz, where the numeric fields are the date and time.
- When the admin-tech operation completes, the Admin-tech ready popup displays. Click Download to download the admin-tech file to your local computer.
To download the admin-tech file at a later time, in the top bar, click Show Admin Tech List. Locate the desired file in the list, and click the download icon.
- Send the admin-tech.tar.gz file to your Viptela customer support contact.
CLI equivalent: request admin-tech
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.3.
In Release 16.3, add ability to limit contents of Admin Tech tar file.