The vManage NMS is a centralized network management system that provides a GUI interface to easily monitor, configure, and maintain all Viptela devices and links in the overlay network. The vManage NMS runs as a virtual machine (VM) on a network server.
A Viptela overlay network can be managed by one vManage NMS, or it can managed by a cluster, which consists of a minimum of three vManage NMSs. It is recommended that you build a network, especially a larger network, with a vManage cluster. The vManage NMS manages all the Viptela devices in the overlay network, providing dashboard and detailed views of device operation, and controlling device configurations and certificates.
To deploy vManage NMSs:
- Create a vManage VM instance, either on an ESXi or a KVM hypervisor.
- Create either a minimal or a full configuration for each the vManage NMSs. You can configure a vManage NMS by creating a device configuration template, or you can use SSH to open a CLI session and then manually configure the vManage NMS. If you create the configuration manually and if you later create a device configuration template and attach it to the vManage NMS, the existing configuration on the vManage NMS is overwritten.
Note that you must configure each vManage NMS in the cluster individually, from that vManage server itself. You cannot create a vManage configuration template on one vManage server and attach other vManage NMSs to that device template.
- Configure certificate settings and generate a certificate for the vManage NMS.
- Create a vManage cluster.
- Create a multitenant vManage NMS.
vManage Web Server Ciphers
In Releases 16.3.0 and later, vManage web servers support the following ciphers:
In Release 16.2, vManage web servers support the following ciphers: