request nms application-server—Start, stop, and perform other operations on a vManage HTTP web server (on vManage NMSs only).
request nms application-server (diagnostics | jcmd option | resize-data-partition | restart | software option | start | status | stop | update-logo filename)
- Determine the Status of the vManage Web Server
Determine the status of the local vManage web server.
- Display Java Process Information
- jcmd option
Display information from a Java process running on the vManage web server. option can be one of the following:
• gc-class-histo—Histogram of the Java garbage collector. Garbage collection identifies which objects are being used in heap memory.
• gc-class-stats—Statistics of the Java garbage collector.
• thread-print—Information about the Java threads running on the vManage web server.
• vm-cmd—Java virtual machine commands on the vManage web server.
• vm-flags—Java virtual machine flags on the vManage web server.
• vm-sys-props—Java virtual machine system properties on the vManage web server.
• vm-uptime—Java virtual machine uptime on the vManage web server.
• vm-ver—Java virtual machine version on the vManage web server.
- Load a Custom Logo onto the vManage Web Server
- update-logo large-logo-filename small-logo-filename
Load a logo image to use in the upper left corner of all vManage web application server screens. You can load two files, a larger version, which is displayed on wider browser screens, and a smaller version, which is displayed when the screen size narrows. Both files must be PNG files located on the local device, and both must be 1 MB or smaller in size. For best resolution, it is recommended that the image for the large logo be 180 x 33 pixels, and for the small logo 30 x 33 pixels.
- Resize Third vManage Partition
Automatically resize the third partition on the vManage NMS if the hypervisor has increased the size of this partition. This partition is the vManage database volume and contains all vManage databases and information related to them. vManage NMS calculates the size of the database volume only when it is initially created. If the hypervisor capabilities cause the database volume size to increase, the vManage NMS recognizes this space and can utilize it only if you issue the request nms application-server resize-data-partition command.
- Restart the vManage Web Server
Restart the local vManage web server.
- Run Diagnostics on vManage Web Server
Run diagnostics on the vManage web server.
- Start the vManage Web Server
Start the local vManage web server.
- Stop the vManage Web Server
Stop the local vManage web server.
- Web Application Server Software Control
- software option
Control the software running on the vManage application server. option can be:
• reset—Undo a software upgrade on the vManage server, and return to the previous software image.
• upgrade filename—Upgrade the software on the vManage server to the image in the specified file.
• version—Display the version of software running on the vManage server.
The output fields are self-explanatory.
Perform various operations on local vManage application server:
vManage# request nms application-server status NMS application server Enabled: true Status: running PID:28271 for 7313s vManage# request nms application-server stop vManage# request nms application-server restart NMS application server is not running Successfully started NMS application server vManage# request nms application-server status NMS application server Enabled: true Status: running PID:5877 for 6s vManage# request nms application-server jcmd vm-uptime NMS application server 5877: 21.357 s vManage#
Determine the version of software running on the vManage NMS web server:
vManage# request nms application-server version NMS application server is running version bamboo-20160805-0008 on vManage version 16.2.2
Command introduced in Viptela Software Release 16.1.
In Release 16.2.2, add version option.
In Release 16.2.3, add software option and move version option under software, and add diagnostics option.
In Release 17.2, add resize-data-partition, software reset, and software upgrade options.